PLR rights let you use the work of another author like it’s your own by making changes. Those changes can be a little as adding an introductory paragraph or as complex as rewriting the entire content. Any time you can change content that’s someone else’s its considered Private Label Rights.
A word of caution here – just because you have PLR rights doesn’t mean you have the copyright. It also does not automatically mean you have other rights, as is the case with reprinting or reselling. It’s important that you know exactly what rights are being given to you when you purchase PLR content.
The PLR hype began many years ago offering strictly reprint rights. Since its inception many things have changed. Today there are a number of rights offered. Reprint rights are rights that allow you to re-distribute another author’s work, that’s previously been published. While seen a great deal online, it’s also common in other businesses.
The terms resell, reprint, and resale are commonly interchanged. If you obtained PLR material make sure you fully understand what rights are being given to you. Occasionally you will even receive master rights, which allows you to redistribute the content or product and trade the reprint rights.
If you’re feeling just a tad bit confused, you’re not alone. Relax – once you understand the various terms, they can apply or they may not.
* Give away the product * Split the product down into articles * Package the product with other products * Give away a branded version with your affiliate links * Allows the buyer to sell resale rights. * Give it away as a bonus, * Offer the product in a membership area * Use it as web content * Modify the product
While you don’t have to memorize the checklist, it’s a good idea to be very familiar with it. If the PLR content you are looking at doesn’t offer you reprint rights there are the questions you should be asking to find out just what you are allowed to do.
Even when you think you’ve got it under control and that you’ve figured it all out things go wrong. For example, you buy reprint rights to some great content, only to find out after the purchase is through that the only way you are allowed to sell the product is through the link the seller provides, where he then has people signup to a newsletter thereby siphoning off your potential customers. That’s deceptive, but sadly it happens.
The good news is that most time buying PLR material is great just make sure you ask all your questions before you make your purchase.
How to Use PLR Articles
PLR or private label rights articles are become more popular as more and more people discover how valuable they can be to their online business. PLR articles are purchased generally as part of a membership or in a package. You can then use them however you like or even rewrite them. You are not required to provide a link back and this makes them increasingly popular.
When you comprehend the idea behind private label rights, you will see why so many people find them attractive. The majority of people can see the significance of adding PLR articles to their site, but there are a number of other ways to use PLR content. Let’s have a look.
1. Add to a blog – Just like you would add PLR article content to your website you can add it to your blog. Use the entire article or just a portion. Create a daily tip, provide an opinion, or use the blog in any manner that works for you.
2. Newsletter – If you need content for your newsletter you can use a PLR article for content. You can use the entire article or excerpts. It’s a good idea to edit the articles so that your voice comes through in a newsletter that’s targeting your customers.
3. Podcasts – You can take the PLR article and turn it into an inspiration for your podcast. Just add content and you are finished.
4. Begin an e-course – If you have purchased articles that are themed you can use them to quickly build an e-course. Just add autoresponder and you’re ready. Here’s an example: “Three ideas for Starting a Home Business,” can become a 3 day e-course.
5. Create a report – If you need a special report you can combine several PLR articles together on the same topic and transform them into a report.
6. Direct Mailings – If you have a list of mail addresses you can create a free report from your PLR articles and mail it out. It becomes a powerful tool for your business.
You see how simple it is to create powerful PLR campaigns for your niche market. PLR content is an affordable way to grow your business and enjoy the increased income in a short period of time. It’s no surprise that internet marketers are turning to private label rights. There are a number of PLR sites offering content but before you make your purchase make sure you understand their requirements.